There are literally loads of toys and treats available for your cats and dogs these days. In fact pampering your pets has never been easier. So let’s have a quick look at some of the most popular and perhaps some of the more quirky gift ideas for your pets.
1. Ball – Probably the most obvious, most cost-effective (you don’t necessarily need to get one from a pet store) toy available. When you think of the ball, most people probably imagine throwing it to their dog that then scampers after it to either bring it dutifully back so you can throw it again or to simply fall on it where it lands and to start chewing it! However, cats sometime like to play with a ball too, a little smaller in size admittedly but a ball nonetheless.
2. Rubber bones – It really doesn’t seem to matter that it isn’t a real bone; some dogs just love to chew these for hours on end.
3. Toy Mice – Much better than waking up one morning to find several dead mice, semi-chewed on the living room carpet. Perhaps this toy benefits you more than the cat!
4. Cat Climber – We know the cats love them, but we also get endless hours of fun watching the cats climb and tumble around their climber.
5. Cat Scratcher – I suppose this is more of a treat than a toy and the idea is to save all your furniture from receiving the same “tearing to shreds” treatment!
6. Dog Mints – Whoever thought of these was a genius! As good for the dogs system as it is for its doggy a great idea.
7. Dog Brush – For some dogs this can take some getting used to, but usually when they do they’ll be fetching the brush to you!
8. Cat Flap – Certainly not a toy or even a treat but the freedom this provides for both the cat and the owner is invaluable.
9. Throw and Fetch Dog Toys – It’s not just a ball that your dog will return and there are a number of specialist toys available.
10. Litter Locker – This one is certainly not a toy but it has come to the rescue of many a cat owner. A cat litter disposal system that makes the whole experience more convenient and more hygienic.
So, there …